Administrative Enterprise Units
Click on each tab to learn more about Virginia Tech's administrative enterprise units.
Virginia Tech's enterprise administrative and business services' portfolio provides universitywide safe, preparedness, transportation, and other infrastructure-related services to faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Units include:
- Virginia Tech Emergency Management
- Virginia Tech Environmental Health and Safety
- Virginia Tech Mail Services
- Virginia Tech Police Department
- Virginia Tech Rescue Squad
- Virginia Tech Transportation Services (includes Parking Services, Air Transportation Services, Alternative Transportation, and Fleet Services)
The Division of Information Technology is responsible for providing technology and services for the university community that enable:
- Enhanced support for teaching and learning
- Participation and support for research activities
- Outreach, partnerships with communities, and advanced networking and communications
- Access, security, and maintenance of information systems that allow the university to accomplish its missions
Virginia Tech's Division of Human Resources is committed to supporting a high quality of work life for our 13,000 full and part-time employees. The division provides services that support the university’s leadership and employees, enabling them to achieve their goals and fulfill the university's land-grant mission.
The Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities provides safe, inclusive, accessible, sustainable, mission-centric, partner-focused, and cost-effective spaces that preserve, foster, compliment, and advance Virginia Tech’s distinct senses of place and service. The division is comprised of a number of specialized units and offices:
The vice president for finance and chief financial officer and the Division of Budget and Financial Management are responsible for primary support to university leadership in identifying, obtaining, and allocating the resources needed to achieve the university’s mission and the goals and objectives of the university’s strategic plan.
The Office for Equity and Accessibility promotes a learning and working environment free from harassment and discrimination for employees and students. We strengthen the university’s core institutional values of equitable practices through civility, compliance and education while mitigating risks.
The vice president for policy and governance ensures the integrity of the university’s governance framework. The office provides strategic guidance and direct support to the university’s Board of Visitors, administers the university-wide system of shared governance, oversees a coordinated enterprise-wide policy management program that supports Virginia Tech and its missions, and serves as the official repository for all university policies.